In the New Zealand Cancer Action Plan 2019-2020 the Ministry of Health states 23,000 New Zealanders are diagnosed with cancer every year.1 AIA Cancer Care is specifically designed to cover costs associated with the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer.
AIA Cancer Care offers the following:
- Diagnosis: Covers the cost of specialist consultations, and diagnostic imaging and testing.
- Treatment: Access to both Pharmac and non-Pharmac, MedSafe indicated medicines.
- Recovery: Covering post-cancer treatment care and support benefits.
- Ongoing: Support and monitoring, reducing the risk of any potential cancer recurrence.
Is the Cancer Care product for you?
- Certainly if you don’t want to rely solely on the public health system and are looking for additional protection.
- Cancer Care might be ideal for you if you have your existing Health Insurance with another insurance provider, however your benefits are restrictive and limits cancer treatment.
- Cancer Care at approximately 25% of the cost of AIA Private Health might fit your pocket. Especially if you wanted Comprehensive Health Insurance before however you were not able to afford the premium.
Want to know more?
Our advisers provide specialist advice free of charge.
- Ministry of Health. (2020, February 3). New Zealand Cancer Action Plan 2019 Retrieved January 18, 2021, from https://www.health.govt.nz/publication/new-zealand-cancer- action-plan 2019-2029